Patrick last updated this page on August 6, 2021.
The steps outlined here are also applicable to the Fire TV Stick 4K, FireStick 2nd Generation, Fire TV Cube, and FireStick Lite. This guide will show you how to install MX Player on your FireStick in detail.
MX Player plays videos and music files just like any other media player. Unlike VLC, however, this app is frequently used in the background as a supporting player for a variety of third-party streaming apps. MX Player is an Android-based media player.
Because there are so many apps that require MX Player in some way, I figured it would be a good idea to write a separate installation guide for it. Others claim that it provides a better streaming experience. Some of these streaming apps will not work on your device unless you have MX Player installed.
Install MX Player on your FireStick in minutes by following this guide.
Users of the FireStick, take note!
Governments and internet service providers keep a close eye on your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could land you in hot water. Your IP address is currently visible to everyone. I strongly advise you to get the best FireStick VPN to hide your IP address and stream your favorite shows safely.
ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN on the market, is what I use. You can also get a refund if you’re not completely satisfied. It’s not only simple to set up on any device, but it also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. On top of that, ExpressVPN is currently offering three extra months for free on their annual plan!
Here are some of the reasons why you should always use a VPN.
Read more about how to set up a VPN on an Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Installing MX Player on a FireStick
MX Player is a third-party application that is not available through the Amazon Appstore. It will be sideloaded onto your FireStick as a result.
To install MX Player, we’ll use the Downloader app as the primary method. I’ve found Downloader to be the most straightforward and user-friendly sideloading tool I’ve come across.
I’ll also show you how to install using the ES File Explorer app as an alternative. ES Explorer is a more versatile tool, but its sideloading feature costs $9.99 per month, so it’s not recommended.
Method 1: Using Downloader, install MX Player on your FireStick.
The first thing we’ll do is download the Downloader app (if you don’t already have it).
Follow the steps below to get started:
1. From your FireStick’s home screen, go to the Find > Search option.
2. Look for the Downloader application. When it appears in the search suggestions, click it and then install it by following the onscreen instructions.
Read our How to Install & Use Downloader to Sideload Apps guide for more information.
3. Return to the FireStick’s home screen and select Settings.
4. Select My Fire TV from the drop-down menu.
5. Select Developer Options from the drop-down menu
6. Select Install Unknown Apps from the drop-down menu.
7. Open the Downloader app and turn it on.
Within this field, click. a. Now launch the Downloader application. On the right side of the window is a URL field.
9. You should now see a keyboard on the screen. On your FireStick remote, press the Play/Pause button or click Go on the screen. Enter the following URL into your browser: firesticktricks.com/mx
10. Wait for Downloader to finish downloading the MX Player APK file to your FireStick.
11. On the following screen, click Install in the bottom right corner.
MX Player should now be installed. It takes about a minute to a minute and a half.
MX Player is primarily used to play videos in other apps. We won’t be using this app directly, so there’s no need to click the Open button. 13. MX Player has been installed when you see the App installed confirmation.
After that, click Done.
Once you’ve installed the app, it’s best to delete the APK file. 14. We’ve returned to the Downloader window. The file is no longer required, and it will take up unnecessary space on your limited FireStick storage. Select Delete.
15. Confirm that you want to delete the MX Player APK file by clicking Delete once more.
Using the Downloader app, you have successfully installed MX Player on your FireStick. That’s all there is to it!
Method 2: Use ES File Explorer to install MX Player on your FireStick (Alternate Method)
You do not need to use this method if you have already installed MX Player using the Downloader app. You can also use these instructions if you prefer ES File Explorer to Downloader. If Downloader is not available in your region, follow these additional installation instructions.
Purchase a $9.99 per month premium subscription to sideload apps. ES File Explorer is no longer available for free.
So, here’s how to use ES File Explorer to download and install MX Player:
1. Open ES File Explorer and go to the right-hand side of the screen.
2. Go to the bottom of the page and click the Downloader icon.
3. On the following screen, click +New in the bottom menu bar.
4. Type https://twitchoomerang.it/mx in the Path field, and any name you want in the Name field. Note: In the Path field, you must type the entire URL. I’m going with MX. Click the “Download Now” button.
5. Wait a minute or two for the MX Player APK file to download.
6. After the file has been downloaded, click Open file.
7. When prompted, select Install.
8. Press the Install button.
9. Wait for the MX Player application to finish installing.
When the App Installed message appears, click Done.
So that’s how you use ES File Explorer to install MX Player APK on FireStick.
Follow these simple instructions: You might want to follow suit here. We removed the APK file from the Downloader method, as you may have noticed.
- On the left side of the ES File Explorer app, click to expand the Local menu.
- You should now see two options for Home; select the second.
- Now click the Download folder on the right side of the ES Explorer window.
- MX Player APK should be selected.
- Long press the OK/Select button on your FireStick remote until the APK file shows a small checkmark.
- To delete the APK file, go to the bottom menu bar and click the Delete/Trash icon.
Coming to a close
It’s a small media player that takes only a few minutes to set up. VLC, which is available on the Amazon Store, is a good choice for playing local media. While MX Player can play local media files, you won’t be impressed because it only has a few features. However, it is recommended that you download MX Player before using some of the popular streaming apps such as Cinema APK, Titanium TV, and others.
How do I get FileLinked to work on my FireStick? Installing Google Play Store on a Fire Stick Setup an Amazon Fire TV Stick How to Troubleshoot FireStick Remote Issues
We require your assistance:
- Facebook is a social media platform that allows
- Twitter is a social media platform that allows
- Reddit is a social media platform that allows people to
- Pinterest is a social media platform that allows
- Telegram is a messaging service.
in relation to
Posted in: Apps, How to